Great cigars take into consideration all of your senses:
- the sound of the soft, crisp crackle on every drag
- the way the wrapper feels and the give of the cigars between your fingers
- the smell of the stick and the smell of the smoke
- the taste as you drag in and allow it to linger for a moment before you exhale
- the look of the cigar band, revealing to the smoker the cigar’s true excellence
San Juan Cigars are hand rolled in Washington State…the first of it’s kind in our area. They have become a force to be reckoned with locally and, if things continue on, nationally as well.
Recently they approached us to create a cigar band for a collaboration they were working on with Skip Rock Distillers in Snohomish, WA. They infused their already flavorful cigars with rum, rye whiskey and coffee liqueur respectively to create the perfect pairings. Skip Rock Distillers make very fine spirits, so we were excited to respond to the task.
We created a custom dieline that allowed us to really showcase both companies equally. We added a burst to the center to draw the eye into the distillate that is present in each stick. The band has elegant embellishments of gold foil to help draw out different characteristics and we finished with a tab to handwrite which stick and batch you are purchasing.
All in all, we’re excited about how these turned out. They have a vintage design with a modern color pallette. It’s classic and approachable without being overtly masculine. See more design or contact us here!
photo cred: VonJentzen Productions